Monday, November 30, 2009

Christmas Traditions

The grandboys are old enough to really enjoy Christmas this year.  We went to visit Bellingrath Gardens and Home "Magic Christmas in Lights".  It is a tradition to visit every year the Saturday after Thanksgiving.  The decorations were amazing.  After walking the gardens and enjoying the sights, we saw Santa in the gift shop and my son took the oldest grandboy over to watch the kids talking to him.  My son asked him if he'd like to tell Santa what he wanted for Christmas and my grandson replied "I'll tell him later".  While they are really excited about Christmas this year, Santa can be a little scary in person.
Sunday night I had family over for turkey gumbo and decorated the tree.  My youngest picked up the ornaments and threw them onto the tree.  My oldest thought it was funny that the dog knocked them off with his wagging tail. 

There was laughter, giggling, and lots of fun.  Bellingrath is an old tradition and decorating Nona's tree is a new one.





1 comment:

Lisa said...

Oooohhhh...it looks so pretty! I loved all of the pics on facebook too. It makes me really want to go! Now to decide if going an hour out of the way and a 4 hour drive back is worth it...hmmm...