Sunday, August 16, 2009

The Perils of being Nona


I love spending time with my grandsons. Last Sunday I met them for dinner at one of my favorite seafood restaurants. There was live music on the deck and we all had a wonderful time. However, there was a evil presence among us and I was unaware. I sat with my grandsons, occasionally offering tidbits of shrimp to one while the other gorged on crackers. I got hugs and kisses, cuddles and snuggles as we sat outside in the late afternoon. It was a carefree Sunday afternoon.

Tuesday morning, the evil presence made it's self known to me - I had caught a virus from my grandsons. Suffered all week - ran fever, stuffy nose, cough, congestion! It was awful. My son and daughter-in-law was suffering right along with me - yes, they caught it too.

Today, a week later, I am actually feeling better. I can breathe, my ears are unstopped and I can hear. My nose will suffer a while longer as it heals from the many uses of tissue. I am sure in another weeks time I will have forgotten all about this episode and gone back for more snuggles and kisses from the boys.

Being Nona is worth a few days of being uncomfortable.


No comments: