Thursday, October 1, 2009

Fun with the boys

In case you haven't figured it out yet, I think my grandsons are the most incredible children alive! I know there are other children out there who are probably just as talented but I don't watch them day in and day out so I can't attest to that fact.
I dropped by their house yesterday after work to drop off a project. I have a large canvas which I painted black. The project is for them to paint a picture for Nona's bedroom in very bright colors. This is very exciting.
While I could only stay a few minutes (my dogs MUST go out - usually around 5:30pm) I got very sad faces and loud no's from the boys. So of course, we ended up outside playing ball, get me when I run, and getting dizzy. Football consisted of the oldest throwing the ball and the two of us chasing after it (of course he got there first - I am an old woman after all); then we had to turn in circles till we got dizzy (he had to hold me up to keep me from falling down because the whole world was spinning). Then we played chase - my oldest grandson is SUPER FAST - Nona just couldn't catch him. My youngest is also super fast and I loved watching those chubby legs and that one swinging arm as he runs across the yard.
Alas, my dogs had to wait until almost 6:00pm to go out. My kitchen rug was at the dining room table; that poor stuffed beaver is without stuffing and that little squeaky thing inside it was no where to be found; and the throw was on the floor in the den. I guess I deserved it - it could have been much worse so I was happy.
Sometimes you just have to stop and smell the roses in life and steal kisses from the necks of little boys.
The art work will be another post.

No comments: