Thursday, June 25, 2009

very good cornbread

If you were at camp and tried my Very Berry Cornbread, I have decided to share the recipe. If you didn't get to try it, well you missed out.

Very Berry Cornbread
8-10 servings or 9-12 muffins
bake 30 min at 450 degrees in cast iron skillet or 15-18min in muffin tins
2 cups self-rising cornmeal or cornmeal mix
1/3 cup sugar
5 large eggs
16oz sour cream
1/2 cup melted butter
3 cups fresh berries

preheat oven to 450 degrees
stir cornmeal and sugar in a large bowl
mix eggs, sour cream and butter and stir into cornmeal mixture
and add berries.
pour batter into lightly greased cast iron skillet bake 25 minutes or until pick in center comes out clean or 15-18 minutes in muffin tins.

I put fresh blackberries in the muffins I took to camp
but you can use raspberries or blueberries.

Enjoy and let me know what you think.

3 comments:

stokes96 said...

wait a minute! we didn't get to try this yummy cornbread!

Bigger said...

It really is good. Your dogs are beautiful!

Grits and Lavash said...

I concur with stokes96!