Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Camp Diva


















Let me explain. First I had to pack all my stuff in my car to go to camp. It included a coffee pot, a fan (very small), food and water (I only drink canned carbonated water of a certain brand). I made blackberry cornbread muffins, oatmeal blueberry muffins, chicken salad, de-boned a chicken and made spicy meat pies. These must of course go into a ice chest. I had 2 sleeping bags, my pillow, my sheets, my suitcase filled with my clothes and shoes, my makeup case - yes I never leave home without it. I also had the decorations, air freshener, supplies for creating changing rooms and craft supplies for my cabin - Australia. I had the 55 cup coffee maker for the lodge, water and snacks for the south bus ride home and my camera and backpack filled with sunscreen and bug spray.

Now, I have to pick up Debra who has enough clothes for 2 months (this was her first camp and wasn't sure what to bring - packed a lot of jeans and it was 1000 degrees every day), food that her wonderful husband prepared and froze for her and her books she was going to read (ha!) and entertainment and talent show supplies for her group.

Last but not least we had to pick up Daniel and thank goodness he packs lite or he would have had to ride on the top of the car.
So, in the process of getting everything together, I forgot my "Red Carpet" evening dresses - had packed enough for 3 people but left everything in my closet. Well, about 3 hrs into the trip I remembered them - thought about going back but...came to my senses.

I couldn't let those children down on "Mystery Night" so I improvised. Not only did I improvise but I talked my two other cabin sleepers Callie and Lynne into donning the plastic table cloth dresses and paper flowers with me. It's just a shame you couldn't see my black flip flops with the silver glitter - very glam.
The girls were hilarious. One wanted to know if we were really going to wear that. Another said she was embarrassed by us. One said we looked like were in rain gear and another said it looked like garbage bags to her. But we assured them it was the latest fashion...they didn't buy it.
As we walked down the red carpet, we were blowing kisses to our "fans". It was a hoot! We all had a fantastic time. The next night, we had to reassure the girls we weren't wearing our "latest fashion" to the talent show. The seemed extremely pleased.



2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Oh how I enjoyed reading this and seeing the pictures. LOL, Daniel is a trooper!! :-)

Jamie said...

There is no better picture from camp then your Diva look at the movie premiere.

When tablecloth-wear shows up on the racks at stores (and it will), then you should volunteer to model.