Friday, July 24, 2009

Santa's at the North Pole


I spent my lunch hour visiting with my grandsons. My oldest and I were talking about Santa. I'm not sure how it came up in July but I asked him what he thought Santa could bring him and he got very animated and said he didn't have a walkie talkie so he could call Tom when there was an emergency (from Fireman Sam) and that Santa could bring him some. I told him he needed to be good and take his nap because Santa was watching him. He informed me "no he's not Nona, Santa lives far, far away at the North Pole. And I told him even so, Santa knew what he was doing, whether he was good or bad and if he took his naps. "No Nona, Santa lives far, far away at the North Pole and he can't see that far. Well, this went back and forth for a while - he looked at his dad and asked "dad, can Santa see me? How? I told him that Santa was magic and remember how on tv it shows Santa looking in the crystal ball and seeing everything. Well, he once again argued with me that Santa was at the North Pole, far, far away and he couldn't see him. The argument continued until I had to go back to work. I'm not sure if he ever took a nap but I have decided he will most likely end up a lawyer - he never backed down from his argument that Santa could not see him.

No comments: