Monday, July 6, 2009

things that stick in my craw

I recently signed up for high speed wireless - ok, so I know I'm probably the last hold out and stuck with dial up longer than anyone else. And I agree I only got it because I got these great rebates if I purchased the plan. Well, I had no clue the process it takes to get the things. I assumed (I know) once I signed up for high speed and wireless and clicked on all the appropriate little boxes that I would get my rebate - right? Well, a couple weeks later, I got a little card that said I had so many days to activate my rebate. What if I had been on a world cruise or something? Ok that will probably never happen - sea sickness- but you get the idea. So I came in and logged on and went to their website and entered the necessary data. Now, I have to wait 3 months before I get the thing.


This also happened when I purchased new pots and pans before Christmas from a local department store - I just happened to run across the form I submitted to get my rebate. Now remember it is July. I called the company and they said it had not been activated. I read every word on the form I had copied and no where did it say I had to call to activate - well, I was informed I could expect my rebate in 6-8 weeks - it's already been over 6 months.


Moral of the story - if you want a rebate, you have to jump through hoops and check on it.

No comments: