Monday, July 13, 2009

the dragonfly











I love nature; trees, flowers, and insects. I introduced my son to nature - crawling around in the yard watching ants making their way to and from home, spiders spinning webs, butterflies hatching; leaves changing colors, tadpoles changing into toads - it was miracles in the making.
I found a dragonfly in my grandsons front yard and picked him up. I placed him on a flower at the front door and went inside to get my grandson. He was very interested in the wings, and told me to touch it and see how soft it's body was.
I wasn't sure what his reaction would be but I think the photos speak for themselves.

3 comments:

Grits and Lavash said...

He looks just like you! :-)

Nona said...

don't you love the freckles

Jamie said...

I'm glad my Grandma kept me inside eating saltines and watching As The World Turns.